Hi! I’m here to help you with the struggle to reach all learners by providing resources with done-for-you differentiation built in. I know what it’s like to feel defeated and stressed, trying to create several variations of a worksheet to meet the needs of my learners. I get it.
I’m passionate about diversifying my teaching content, whether through a meaningful discussion about cultures around the world that differ from ours or even tricky conversations. Trust me, I know it’s not easy! This is why I’m here to provide you with those necessary tools.
The fact that you’re here tells me…
- You’re ready to do the work involved in diversifying your teaching
- You’re interested in working smarter, not harder
- You care about the needs of your learners (differentiation)
- You want to create an engaging learning experience for your students
Now, here’s a bit about me…
I’m incredibly passionate about differentiation and making learning accessible for all students. While this is no easy feat, it is attainable.
I began my teaching career in a classroom full of 30 English Learners. You see, not only did they have the language barrier, but their needs and academic understanding varied vastly.
I felt SO defeated; how would I cater to this many needs? I learned a bit in college about differentiation, but I had to learn quickly what it was like in the *real world*.
Alas, my passion for differentiation was born. Small groups and centers became my best friend. This made learning accessible for my English Learners…finally! I want to attribute this to my love of teaching about cultures worldwide.
This safety in their learning led to a fantastic classroom community and many rich opportunities to teach about their cultures.
While I love all things differentiation and cultural heritage, I love a good, engaging game that gets my students excited! Oh, I’m a massive proponent of brain breaks, too. Heck, I love a good brain break as an adult!
On a more personal note, I’ve been teaching for several years with experience ranging in grades two through four. I genuinely love upper elementary, but the little ones are such a fun change in pace!
My husband and I have two fur babies, Max and Rocky, who we spoil way too much! Yes, we are cat peeps… #TeamCats.
I’m so glad I get to connect with teachers near and far!
- You can join my email list to receive updates, exclusive freebies, and my best tips and tricks. I promise to keep my emails short and sweet; we’re teachers and don’t have time for
novel-length emailsthe longness!
- You can follow me on Instagram. See some behind-the-scenes over there and get to know me better!